You are here:  House Tour > Lower Rivermont > 301-303 Rivermont Ave

301-303 Rivermont Ave




zoom

1030_lower_301-303_rivermont1.jpg


Address:
301-303


Property Name:
Virginian Apartments


Date Built:
1915-1917 


Architect:
William Perry Cave


Contractor:
R. L. Daniel


Function:
Other Apartments


Style & Architectural Description:
Colonial Revival. A 3-story, 3-bay, 9-bay-deep, brick Georgian Revival apartment building. The long axis overlooks Blackwater Creek, with 3 bays facing Rivermont Avenue. The building features brick cornice, quoins, belt course, side dormers, and porch on the north side. Alterations 1935-36, added apartments in basement.


Owners:
1933-1942 New York Life Insurance Company 1942-1966 A. H. Easley 1966-1975 William Henry Cheatham 1975-1979 Ann Rowe & Henry Thurman Cheatham 1979-1980 Ann Rowe Hill & David William Cheatham 1980-1980 Patricia C. Crank 1980-2006 Whitten Funeral Home Inc 2006-2011 Rivermont Holdings LLC 2011-Present Victoria's Inventory LL


Anecdotal Information:
Originally built to serve as a dormitory for the Piedmont Business College next door at 307-311 Rivermont. Now used as apartments. This property demarcates the boundary of the Rivermont Historic District which primarily extends along the avenue from here to Link Road.




On The Map: